Content Management System or CMS is a system that allows you to manage and control the content of your website through the administration tools provided in it. With a CMS, you will be able to add, edit or modify pages and elements in each page including, texts, images, videos and links to make your website complete, updated and accustomed to what your target visitors expect.Some systems even allow you to edit the HTML codes of your website and lets you its preview instantly.
A content management system (CMS) is a computer application that allows publishing, editing and modifying content, organizing, deleting as well as maintenance from a central interface such systems of content management provide procedures to manage workflow in a collaborative environment. These procedures can be manual steps or an automated cascade.
CMS application is a Web Application that provides the following administration, control panel or website management functionalities:
- Create, Edit, Publish, Archive web pages
- Create, Edit, Publish, Archive articles.
- Create, Edit, Publish, Archive press releases
- Create, Edit, Publish, Archive blogs
- Add / Edit events into an Event Calendar
- Add / Edit Inventory (products), description, product specifications, prices, photos,etc.
- Enter, Edit, or View orders and print packing slips and invoices
- View reports and statistics site data
- Create and Edit system users which have different permission levels to different section(s) of the above administration
WordPress Themes are files that work together to create the design and functionality of a WordPress site. Each Theme may be different, offering many choices for site owners to instantly change their website look.